It might be cold outside. It might be snowy. And we might be getting anxious for spring and to start planting and growing. But, there are still many ways to practice your green thumb in the middle of January.
- Experiment with re-growing kitchen scraps. From avocado to ginger, there are countless veggies and fruits you can grow inside your home from recycled grocery produce.
- Try multiplying your succulents. Many succulents produce little pups around their momma plant that you can replant elsewhere. Get planting!
- Compost and make the world a little greener. If you haven’t been doing it already, try. It’s not only great for the environment but if you have a garden, it’s great for your plants too!
- Buy some new houseplants. Has there been a houseplant you have been wanting to buy but haven’t done it yet because the care seems a little intimidating? Now is the time!
- Start planning for spring. It may seem far away, but it will sneak up on you fast. Don’t forget to start planning before you forget and remember, we are always here to help!
If you find yourself needing some help planning your spring projects, let us know! Our horticulture experts are eager to help.